Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A cut-up poem - poetry prompt

My latest cut-up poem, created from random words in magazines and three lines of three different poems. Most interesting to me was what my voice sought and created.  

I Wish I'd

With purity of intent 
I take the clue divine 
authenticity is a rare and valuable 
new, darker existence 

A writer's life erases a man's past 
with rhetorical flourish 
his old self an overwhelming version 
around his neck

You'll be there, freighted with meaning 
a sunny Tuesday, a white-stuccoed house, 
a single-digit number, 
drawing curtains, wooden shutters 

the soul that has a ghost 
too costly for repairs

1 comment:

  1. "authenticity is a rare and valuable
    new, darker existence"

    such a great line...in fact the whole poem is lovely and authentic!! "You'll be there, freighted with meaning"

    A joy to read Heather!

    ReplyDelete